Over the course of our lives, we all experience the pain of suffering & sorrow and the blessings of joy & celebration. Being connected to a faith community helps us endure the hard times and appreciate the good times.
At First Parish, the majority of our pastoral care is offered by our minister, the Rev. Jeff Barz-Snell. If you are uncertain whether you should contact the minister for pastoral care, the answer is usually YES, absolutely; you can always check the list at the bottom of this page (which is usually posted in the upstairs hallway at First Parish).
Although Jeff takes the primary responsibility for pastoral support at First Parish, we are a community that cares for one another. We have a small team of Pastoral Callers who work with Jeff to reach out to congregants in need. Whether it’s a comforting card, a home-cooked meal, or a listening ear, we share love and support among our community.
Requests for Prayers & Support
If you or a loved one are going through a hard time and would like to be held in prayer, contact Rev. Jeff (JeffBarzSnell@FirstParishWeston.org or 781-893-7798 x101) or fill out our confidential prayer request form at the link below.
Over the last eighteen months, it has been difficult to check in the way we normally do, and we hope this online form encourages folks to let us know when something is going on in their lives. Although we are physically distanced, we are not spiritually distanced from one another or from God.
When Should You Call the Minister?
- When you haven’t met them yet, but would like to.
- When you have problems to discuss—about anything.
- When a sympathetic ear might help.
- When you’re going into the hospital or know someone else who is.
- When someone close to you dies or is critically ill.
- When you’re planning to be married or considering divorce.
- When you have a child to be baptized or dedicated.
- When you’re pregnant but wish you weren’t.
- When you’ve been arrested, or ought to be.
- When you are amidst a career or job change.
- When you want to learn more about Unitarian Universalism.
- When you’re scared or when there’s a crisis.
- When someone you know is troubled and you wonder if the church could help.
- When you’re considering joining the congregation.
- When a friend of yours wants to know more about our community and church.
- When you have suggestions about church programs.
- When you have ideas for a sermon or about the worship services (pulpit-friendly jokes, poems, or stories are especially welcome).
- When you’ve won the lottery, or would like to make even a modest bequest to the church.
- When you’d like to help with committee work or congregational activities.
- When you want to discuss community issues or would like his involvement.
- When you’re mad at them.
- When you’d like to talk religion, the Bible, or spirituality with someone knowledgeable.
- When there’s just something you wish this community knew about you, your life, or your struggles.
- When you want to tell us something you think we should know about.
- When you have an idea for something you’d like to make happen at First Parish but aren’t sure how to go about it.