Last updated May 3, 2022
Part-time Video Production Assistant
Summary: Stream, record, and produce the church’s Sunday service and other programs 3-4 times each month.
First Parish Church in Weston is looking for one or two part-time Video Production Assistants who can use our existing video and audio system to stream/record our weekly service and then edit and produce the program for sharing on Vimeo and YouTube. This position requires working on Sundays from approximately 9:30 am to 1:30 pm. We are willing to train the right persons interested in learning more about video recording and editing.
- Operation of our 3-camera (PTZ) recording system (Q-Sys) installed in our sanctuary and operated out of our adjoining “Control Room.” Easy to learn.
- Understanding of audio connections and monitoring sound levels on our soundboard before and during recording sessions.
- Some familiarity with how to tape a video program including following a plan for camera shots.
- Decent understanding of video editing software such as iMovie and Adobe Premiere. To date, our services and programs have been produced using Adobe Premiere and Adobe Audition.
- Ability to work with different participants and conduct sound checks before the taping begins.
- A sense of humor and willingness to learn.
Compensation: $22-24/hour depending on experience
Hours/Schedule: 2-3 Sundays per month for 4 hours each time.
(Note: No services in July 2022. Limited summer schedule.)
CORI and Criminal Background checks are required.
Interested candidates should send a short introductory cover letter and resumé to the Rev. Sarah Napoline at email@example.com.
PDF of job description: Part-Time Video Production Assistant