- This event has passed.
Presentation & Discussion About Offshore Wind
- Date: Wednesday, April 28, 2021
- Time: 7:00pm–9:00pm
- Location: Zoom
Presented in collaboration with MetroWest Climate Solutions
Join us for a presentation and discussion with Amber Hewett, the Campaign Director of Offshore Wind Energy for the National Wildlife Federation and co-chair of the Massachusetts Offshore Wind Committee. She will discuss the future of offshore wind for New England and Massachusetts, including:
- Legislative developments for Offshore Wind in Massachusetts and surrounding states;
- New hope for Vineyard Wind in Nantucket Sound: fewer turbines, a new configuration, and the project’s possibilities for approval at the Board of Ocean Energy Management;
- Offshore wind in the Gulf of Maine including the latest updates on projected developments;
- Why all of us who live in New England should support Offshore Wind as one of the main ways to decarbonize our region and economy.
To register for this program, click on the box below:
Registrants will receive login information for this virtual forum.
The MetroWest Climate Solutions is a partnership comprised of members of First Parish in Wayland, First Parish Church in Weston, First Parish in Lincoln, the Congregational Church of Weston, and the Sustainable Weston Action Group (SWAG). The committee’s mission is to offer reliable information on climate change and provide activities for individuals to get involved in bringing about solutions.